Monday, January 21, 2008

AFC Champions!





WOOHOOO The Patriots are going to the Superbowl!! Now that isn't too big of a surprise to the football world this year since they are 18-0 this season. The team as a whole is having a record year and several of the key players are as well, including MVP Tom Brady who has broken just about every record an NFL Quarterback can break. On February 3, they will play the New York Giants in Arizona in Superbowl XLII. GO PATS!!!

It has been frigid cold here this past weekend and although it will warm up some tomorrow and Wednesday, it will be back to the cold by next weekend. I guess it could be worse but I don't really want to think about it. I can't believe we are only now at the tail end of the month of January. It seems like this winter has gone on forever.

I had the whole weekend off and I was pretty tired so I didn't do a whole lot. I fell asleep really early on Saturday night and consequently woke up way before dawn Sunday morning. I got up early and got laundry done, floors washed and spent some time online chatting with my buds. I finally was able to catch AliceKay's Inspirational stream (thanks AK was great to be there) and catch up with some good friends that I certainly don't talk with enough.
Later in the morning I watched a movie (Deja Vu with Denzel Washington) and baked some chocolate chip cookies. The movie was ok...the cookies fabulous. LOL I watched both football games and went to bed fairly early. Big exciting weekend...I know.

Back to work this morning and we are pretty busy so the day went by really fast. Looks like we are going to be quite busy for several months. I worked over 55 hours last week so I am anxious to see my paycheck on Friday.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow right after work. Annual check up so no big deal there. I'll just be happy when it's over.
The rest of the week looks pretty quiet, except for Saturday when I am having lunch with a couple of school friends.

I am heading for the shower and then I will curl up under a blanket with the pooch and catch some television before I go to bed.
I hope everyone has a great week!

5 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Sorry, but I was really hoping the Bolts would beat NE. And since NY beat GB, it's a sure bet that NE will win the Super Bowl. I'm actually not even interested in watching it. I guess I'll have to plan something else to do in a couple week, lol.

Glad things are picking up at work for you. Steel prices are going up, and some mills are allocating tons,so orders are getting harder to come by. My desk is pretty boring right now.

LadyStyx said...

*perkz* cookies *sniffs* chocolate chips *dah-ROOOOLZ* yummy

Am torn between the teams....either way it's a northern team ~grinz~. Personally, Im for the team wearing the tighest pants ;)

Intense Guy said...

I'm with Alice Kay on this one... I'm not actually interested in watching the Stupor Bowl - wardrobe malfunctions and all.

Oh well, there is always the Pro Bowl to watch.

:-)

AliceKay said...

Hey, I got interested in the game the other night. I was actually rooting for the Giants. :) Even watched the game while Terri was snoozing in the recliner.

I was happy to see you there for my stream Sunday morning, Lainie. You and several other "sunday morning regulars" made for a great stream. Thanks!

Some feed ingredients are hard to come by now and it makes for interesting days at work. That one premium ingredient that I talked about before is now almost $500 per ton. Got a load just the other day. Not sure what farmers are gonna do. It's beyond reality.

I hope you have a great week, too.

Deanna said...

Glad to hear work has picked up. Now if they could just find a happy medium. Feast or famine... Don't spend all the overtime pay in one place! Hugs.