Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas 2008

This had to be one of the best Christmases in recent years, for me. Everyone was festive, happy and are in good places in their lives. Christmas Eve was spent with George's kids and grandkids at his son Jon's house. We had a wonderful time. It was a request by Jon that we all come together after a rough year and give thanks that the family was still intact with 2 additional members so everyone put their differences aside and we had a pleasant evening. George and his ex wife have always been civil but things could have been rough with her new boyfriend there. Pete was there and everything went just fine. George is happy in his life now and Donna seems to be happy with the choices she has made so there is no reason we all can't get along. The grandkids got tons of gifts and of course were the life of the party. We had a Yankee Swap which was fun and there was plenty of food and drink for everyone.

Christms Day we spent with my family at my parents house. My kids arrived and my neice was there with the new baby. My brothers, nephews and of course my parents were there too.
We ate, drank played cards and exchanged gifts. Everyone had a great time.

I got lots of things for Christmas. I got 2 of the books from the Twilight Series, candles, gift cards, cash, some CD's and a series of books on CD by Stephen King. I also got a beautiful pair of gold earrings from George. It was a great holiday.

I've posted a few pics for you to see.

It's New Year's Eve and we are going to visit George's brother Ray and his wife this evening. I don't think we wil be staying until midnight, which is fine with me. I'm still trying to shake off a cold that I've had most of the last week.

Happy New Year Everyone!


Matt Nicole and Alex on Christmas Eve




Callissa and Alex


Callissa with her new hoodie


Sara and Hunter on Christmas Day


Pep bribing Hunter


Eric and Jessie checking out his Bruins Jacket


BRUINS TICKETS!



Group shot
In the back:my brother Dave and Brad
Then: Sara, Me, George and my brother Henry
Then: Eric and Jessie holding Hunter

6 comments:

Toriz said...

Glad you had such a great Christmas! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

LadyStyx said...

What great family pix!! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year and get better soon!

Intense Guy said...

Oh!

That brilliant "Bruins Tickets!" smile is enough to make Scrooge and the Grinch come around to seeing Christmas is a great time of year! Gosh, she radiates happiness.

...all of you do...including ol' Hunterbabes... I love that perky eared look out the window pose!

Happy New Year Lainie... May this years happiness and joy continue on for you.

ChicagoLady said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I guess a couple of someones are into hockey, eh?

Sorry you've been feeling poorly. Hopefully you can shake off the last of the cold as the New Year starts.

What did Huntababes get for Christmas????

Happy New Year!

AliceKay said...

Great pics. Thanks for sharing your holiday with us. Best wishes to you and your whole family for a very Happy New Year. *hugs*

Deanna said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. Love the pictures - especially the group shot. Everyone looks so happy. Great smiles all around!

Happy New Year!