Friday, December 04, 2009

Winter Will Arrive Tomorrow

Our quiet and warm weather will soon be coming to an end. Tomorrow we are expecting the first measureable snowfall of the winter. Right now the forecasters are calling for 3-5 inches for our area but have warned that those totals could be adjusted in the next 12 hours or so. It's fine with me, it is the weekend and except for grocery shopping in the morning, we have no plans.
We had a very nice Thanksgiving last weekend. We spent the day with at my parents house with my kids, my brothers, and my nephews. We also got word that my neice and her family are returning to New Hampshire and should be here today sometime. I am very excited to see them, to meet Crystal's new husband, Kelly, and to see my grand neice Kendal who recently turned a year old! It's hard to believe she is already walking.

Last Saturday we had to make the 4.5 hour trip to Canada to go to a Memorial sevice for George's uncle Leonid. He had been a missionary in Peru for about 40 years and wanted to live out his life there. He has been buried in Peru and it was nice to have a service up there for him. George's family is so accomodating and they are all very nice. It was good to see them all again even under those circumstances.

I went out Christmas shopping a bit today and picked up a few things. I also am going to do a little online shopping this afternoon, so I should be in good shape. George and I will be able to finish up next week I think.

I guess I should go clean up the mess I made in the kitchen. Another batch of cookies made and ready for the freezer.

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend.
Happy Holidays!!

7 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooo... no snow!!!! Send it to LadyStyx - she wants all that we can send to her!!

And man.. I better get started with this "Christmas" thing...

Deanna said...

No snow here yet, thank goodness!

Once again I've been procrastinating on this Christmas stuff. I'm impossible that way.

It is nice you enjoy time with George's family - even under sad circumstances like this. It brings families together.

Karla said...

It snowed here..Tuesday night..never got below freezing so it was gone by the time we got up Wednesday. I don't like snow cause here, noone can drive on it and they only "sand/salt" the bridges and major intersections. They don't scrape or nothing!
Ugh! I gotta do my shopping online today or I'll never get it in time!

AliceKay said...

I have most of my shopping done, but haven't even attempted to write any Christmas cards...nor bake any cookies. Haven't been much in the Christmas mood lately, but it'll be here before we know it.

I'm glad to hear you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving. We did, too. I'm also glad you were able to make it to George's uncle's memorial service. Weddings and funerals (or memorial services as the case may be) are about the only times most families get together as a whole. It's like that for our family.

It's been snowing here since mid-morning today. I had to clean about an inch of very heavy, wet snow off my car in order to drive home from work today, and it's still coming down. We already had measurable snow back in October tho. I took some pics at the office before leaving today and a couple while driving home. I might post them later.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Lainie. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I wish I could take all of your snow Lainie, I added your hometown to my lil weather icon on my ipod touch and everyday now I check the weather and am so jealous of all the snow folks :o( I hope so badly that we get snow this winter!! I have my Christmas shopping done except for a few pieces now I just have to wrap it all...ugh! HUGS

Lainie said...

We got about 6 inches of snow. It is very powdery and pretty and thankfully it is sunny and warm today so anything on the driveway will melt before dark. George didn't have to shovel but he did take my car in to Walmart this morning to get my studded snow tires on. We are expecting another storm on Wednesday.

LadyStyx said...

*cacklez @ iggy*

Ya know, it wasn't until the 20" of precip dropped on us last week that I even felt halfway into the season. If it had only stuck around.... *glances out at the ever increasing brown/green patches...*