Friday, January 06, 2012

Random Thoughts

A week into the new year and all is going well so far. I've had this week off and pretty much got the house back in order, except for the Christmas tree which we have left up until Sunday. We are having George's family over for an after Christmas brunch on Sunday and once that is over, Christmas will be in the books for another year.

Eric is all moved into his new place and he seems to be handling the pending divorce ok. I think at this point he will be happy to have it over with so he can move on with his life. I thought at first, that he would have a hard time getting through this but Jessie has made it very easy by being the witch that she is. She has truly shown her true colors by running up a whole lot of bills and taking all but $100 from their joint savings account. She asked her parents for some financial help and when they turned her down, she just helped herself. Thankfully, Eric had stopped the direct deposit at work several weeks prior and was able to keep his paycheck from her grasp. No doubt in my mind she would have drained that account too.
Jessie's parents have been very gracious to Eric and they still wanted Eric to live in their house but it was just too awkward. Jessie's father still calls Eric 'son' and he invited Eric to attend a hockey game with him this weekend so I assume they know that this whole thing has been all Jessie's idea.

The other good thing that has come out of all this is Eric took George aside on Christmas Day and apologized for all of the BS that went on before the wedding. He explained that it was all Jessie and he went along with it all to keep the peace but he knows that doing so was hurtful to George and his kids. His family is here to help him and we've stood by him, even if he didn't stand up for his family when she would bash us. I'm not a vindictive person but I really do hope that she gets what's coming to her. I firmly believe in karma...and she has no good karma surrounding her.


I am really not looking forward to going back to work on Monday. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful to have a job but these two weeks off have been wonderful! I like staying up at night and getting up when I want to in the morning, I like cooking nice meals for dinner and not rushing or cooking something fast to get a meal on the table. Definitely not looking forward to a more regimented work day and going to bed at 8:00 because I have to get up at 3:30 in the morning.
Good thing is I only have to work 3 weeks and then I am on vacation again. George and I are going on a cruise to St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turks with my brother in law and sister in law. I am so looking forward to spending time in the tropics and with them. We always have a fun time together and this should be no exception.

It's about time for me to head to the kitchen and start dinner. I hope everyone is having a great New Year so far. Stay warm and safe...catch you all soon!

9 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'm glad things are going okay for Eric. It must be hard for him in lots of ways, but he seems to have a level head on his shoulders. I bet he got that from his mother. ;)

Have a nice time with George's family on Sunday.

I know you'll have a great time on your cruise. :)

(by the way, i have a blog you can visit sometime. hugs)

ChicagoLady said...

I'm glad you had some time to relax and refresh over the holidays. Enjoy your cruise, although with the weather lately, who needs to go to St. Thomas?

I'm glad Eric is all moved in with his friends. That was very nice of him to apologize to George. Shows what a nice, responsible young man you have. I agree that what goes around comes around. One day, eventually, she will pay for her actions.

Deanna said...

It sounds like Eric has good perspective going forward and is doing a good job of mending fences.

Cruising is fun, isn't it! Hope you have a wonderful time... I know you will!

Lainie said...

AK I have tried getting to your blog but I can't get past the profile page, Maybe you can unlock the door??

I am very proud of both of my kids but Eric has always been the sensitive one, the one most likely to keep his mouth shut so he doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. Sara has always said what's on her mind, good or bad, you always know where you stand with her.I am glad that Eric is trying to mend fences, but I really wish he had stood up for himself and his family in the first place. Lesson learned, I guess.
I ran into a friend of mine at breakfast last week and she asked me what I got for Christmas. I told her I got my son back...which pretty much sums it up!

AliceKay said...

No keys on the door. Not sure why you can't get in. :( It's still a private blog, but you should be able to sign in. I'll email you the link and maybe you can get in that way.

I like the answer you gave your friend. :)

Intense Guy said...

Eric shows a lot of class.

I hope you can "get into the swing of things" at work before going on your cruise!! (Can I come too?)

Toriz said...

I'm glad Eric is coping well with the pending divorce, and I'm glad her parents know who's to blame for the issues.

Hope you enjoy the cruze!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alice said...

parfum&perfume
parfum adidas femmes
parfum adidas hommes
parfum anna sui femmes
parfum armani hommes
parfum boss femmes
parfum boss hommes
parfum burberry femmes
parfum burberry hommes
parfum bvlgari femmes
parfum bvlgari hommes
parfum calvin klein femmes
parfum calvin klein hommes
parfum carolina herrera femmes
parfum carolina herrera hommes
parfum chanel femmes
parfum chanel hommes
parfum davidoff femmes
parfum davidoff hommes
parfum diesel femmes
parfum diesel hommes
parfum dior femmes
parfum dior hommes
parfum DNG femmes
parfum DNG hommes
parfum ed hardy femmes
parfum ed hardy hommes