Saturday, September 16, 2006

Apple Cake

I have this baking in my oven right now and it smells sooo delicious. Very simple to put together too! I used butter in place of the oil and half a cup each of the raisins and walnuts.

Apple Cake

1 1/2 C. sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 C. oil or butter
2 C. diced apples
1 C. nuts or raisins
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
2 C. flour


Beat together the first five ingredients. (Egg whites may be used and 1 C. appleasuce can be substituted for the oil or butter for cholesterol watchers.)
Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Bake in a greased Bundt pan or 2 loaf pans at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

This sounds delicious. I'll have to try it sometime this winter when I get in the mood to bake. (the oven helps heat this place...two for the price of one) Thanks, Lainie. *hugs*

ChicagoLady said...

Sounds yummy!

Kerry said...

WOW!! I have blueberry muffins in the oven right now........ damn fall weather makes me want to bake lmao

Lainie said...

I know what you mean Kerry, this is my favorite time of year, by far! I made Apple Crisp this afternoon, even though it was a little warm outside.

Tori_Z said...

Mmmmm! Sounds good!

LadyStyx said...

Sounds great. Like Kerry, I'll need to wait to make it. It's still too warm here for me to want to fire up the oven. We keep getting cold fronts like what we're having maybe it'll be cool enough to bake in a few weeks.

Kerry said...

ya know.. the temps being announced on the news isn't matching what I am feeling when I step outside.... today was windy crisp and chilly. I wanted to come home and make a pot of soup so bad LMAO