Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Maine was F U N

Hey everyone, Happy Tuesday. Just wanted to pop on and say I had a BLAST in Maine over the weekend. Thanks to Rick and Blossom for being the most awesome hosts. They make everyone feel so comfortable in their home. Thanks also to Jason for giving up his bed Saturday night so I had a place to pass out.
I arrived around 2:30 pm after a very scenic 4 hour drive. Mauvis and Mike, Blossom's sister and brother in law, were already there and Mazzy and April were just arriving as I pulled into the dooryard. (That's Maine speak for driveway) LOL Mazz was kind enough to take the brownies from me and carry them into the house. It didn't matter that I had my hands and arms full of other things, they always make sure the brownies arrive safely. Tweetie showed up about an hour later. It had been about a year since my last visit and even though we chat online often, we had a lot of catching up to do. Pup-Pup and Gene and Tonya and Larry arrived and it was just about time for dinner to be served. Rick and Blossom made 3 pans of lasagna, a huge garden salad, and rolls. Everything was delicious. Once the kitchen was cleaned up we all went into the living/computer room and talked, listened to some music and some even sang karaoke. It was a very enjoyable and fun evening. Two shots and a six pack later, I went to bed and had no trouble falling asleep.
Sunday morning I was up by 8 (I think) and after a couple of cups of coffee, I was on the road by 10:30. The ride home was just as nice as the ride up to Maine. The leaves aren't quite as colorful as past years but still beautiful. I made it home by 2:45 and found my daughter at home doing her laundry. My laundry and my shower was going to have to wait.
I thought I would sleep well Sunday night but that wasn't the case at all. For some reason I was still pretty wired and finally fell asleep sometime after midnight. 4am came really fast but I got up and got ready for work. By the time I got there I wasn't feeling very well. I felt like I was hungry so I ate the apple I had brought for my lunch to see if that would help. It didn't. I lost that an hour after I ate it. I then tried some crackers. Those also didn't make it.
I decided I better go home before I got sick again but the Government Quality Control Inspector arrived and I had to run a test on the units that we wanted to ship that morning. So I stuck it out, performed the Quality tests required, everything passed, and wow...I was starting to feel better. I ended up staying the day and in fact working an extra hour. I don't know what was wrong but I feel fine now, thank goodness. (No I am NOT pregnant.) LOL
It is going to be a very busy week with a lot of overtime. I don't mind the extra money, that's for sure, and now that I actually have a lot of work to do, the days will go by quickly and won't seem so long.
I hope you are all having a good week so far. I really have to get in the shower now. The game is on in just a few minutes. Goodnight everyone.


ChicagoLady said...

I'm glad you had fun with the Mainiacs! Maybe you're getting too old for the "two shots and a six pack later?"

AliceKay said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Did you take lots of pics?

Lainie said...

You may be right, chicagolady, but I won't give up. As long as I can lift a bottle or a shotglass to my lips, I will party on! ;-)
I did take some pics and I will get them off of my camera and ready for viewing ASAP.

AliceKay said...

Would love to see some...thanks.

Kerry said...

Sounds like a whirlwind weekend of fun! Can't wait to see pictures.

ChicagoLady said...

I hear ya! I'll be buried with a wine bottle in my hand!

Tori_Z said...

Sure sounds like you had a blast!

Can't wait to see pics!!!