Tuesday, October 09, 2007

October Already

It's been awhile, I know. Not much to talk about but I have been reading and commenting on everyone's blogs.

As you probably know, October is baseball Post Season time. One of my favorite times of the year, for sure. And this year especially because my beloved Red Sox are in the Post Season. So far so good. They swept the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim on Sunday, 3 games to 0. NICE!! I really didn't think it would be that easy. However, the next series begins on Friday against the Cleveland Indians (who beat the snot out of the New York Yankees YAY!!). This could be a more challenging series for the Sox but I am confident they will come out with guns blazing since they will have had almost a weeks worth of rest. Reports on the 6:00 news tonight state that the players are itching to get going and are more than ready to play. I can't wait.

Work is still slow although I've had a few odd jobs to do the last few days. Just 2 more days this week and another long weekend. I'm looking forward to it, although the weather could make some of my plans a bust. I was hoping to take another ride up into the mountains on Saturday with Paul but it may be rainy. Just going to have to wait and see. I may go on Sunday even if I have to go alone. Paul won't leave the sanctuary known as his living room on Sunday's during football season. (Damn men.)

I finally got the results back from the ultrasound done on my thyroid a few weeks ago and although the news isn't all bad, it's still something I am going to have to keep an eye on. I have a benign cyst and right now it isn't very big or bothersome. But I will have to have another ultrasound done in a few months and my doctor wants to keep watch on things. If it isn't one thing, it's another. I feel like I am slowly falling apart.

I received a letter from my niece Crystal on Saturday. So far she is really liking the military and she said boot camp isn't as bad as she thought it would be (so far). She is expected to graduate in mid November and is hoping to be home for Thanksgiving before getting her school assignment.

That's about it for now. It's about time for my shower and then a little tv time before I go to bed. I've been a bit tired all day so I expect I will be asleep pretty early tonight.

~L~

6 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Go SOX! No baseball for me until April. But, I have racing until the end of November, and I have football until February. And by then, racing will have started again!

Work is kinda slow for me too, but I still have enough to do during the day to keep me busy.

I'm glad it's a benign cyst, hoping it doesn't get any worse. I think AK can commiserate with you on the falling apart, lol.

AliceKay said...

Yep, chicagolady is right. I know how you feel there. I feel like I'm falling apart at every seam. My arms and back ache like crazy this morning from the physical therapy I had on Monday. (another session this afteroon...yay!) :(

Hope things go well for you, Lainie. *hugs*

And I guess if someone has to win the World Series, it may as well be the Red Sox. LOL

Lainie said...

I hope you get through your PT session easier today AK. Hugsss

Kerry said...

I've been falling apart for years too. It really sucks to be a woman sometimes LOL

Go Sox... red ones right?

Keeping you in my prayers until the cyst is taken care of and gone

hugs

Lainie said...

:-) yes RED SOX Kerry
Thanks for all your prayers. Sometimes it does suck to be a woman.

ChicagoLady said...

Sometimes? I tend to think it always does, but then what do I know...