Saturday, November 15, 2008

Will You Be My Loving Wife?

That was the question proposed to me by George last Sunday evening in front of all of our kids and the 2 grandkids. We invited all of them over for what I thought was to celebrate a few of the birthdays that had passed by, Eric and Jessie's last month and Patrick's this month. Little did I know it was going to be a surprise engagement party. That George is pretty sneaky because he had it all planned with all of the kids and they all knew about it for weeks. I was the only one who had no clue and never caught on until the cake was set down in front of me with the ring on top of it. I've enclosed a few pictures of the event for you all to see. And of course, I said YES!! :-)







Brad and Alex


Sara and Lissa


Hunter, Jon and Lissa


Nicole, Matt and Hunter


George and Alex


Things are going very well here and Hunter and I are settling in quite well. Today we went back down to my old house and put as much stuff in the truck as we could fit and brought it all up here. I have been unpacking and rearranging for the last hour but I am not sure where else I can put all this stuff. The spare bedrooms are getting filled up pretty fast. I think George is going to have to start cleaning out the basement to make room for the rest of my things.

Sara and Brad are in the process of moving into a new apartment so a good majority of her things are finally gone. I think we will only have to make a few more trips and my house will be empty. One of George's friends is going to take my living room furniture off of my hands and put it in his "man cave". He already took my dining room table and chairs for his weekly poker games. Then all I will have left will be my bedroom set and I can probaly sell that for cheap if I put an add in the paper or something. Once the house is empty and cleaned up, it will go on the market but I don't expect to sell it until spring. Then again, you never know.

I will try to catch up on everyone's blogs within the next few days. I think I am settled enough to get back into a routine but it certainly isn't a 'normal' one for me. However, all is well and I couldn't be happier.
Hope you are all great!
Hugs

9 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Awwww how sweet!! He is a sneaky dude aint he? Congrats!!

Looks like things are coming along nicely. Hopefully the house will sell quickly.

Intense Guy said...

Congratulations!!

May you and George have many years full of pleasure, enjoyment, happiness, and many "just quiet times" shared.

The families look like they have already become one... A marvelous thing to see.

Deanna said...

How sweet! Congratulations!!! You both look so happy!!!!

ChicagoLady said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! Congratulations!

I hope George got approval to pop the question from your Huntababes? LOL

I'm so happy for you as you begin this next stage of your life!

Toriz said...

That's awesome! Congrats! :)

AliceKay said...

Awww...very sweet guy you have there, Lainie. :) Best wishes to the both of you. *hugs*

spacegirl60 said...

Congratulations to both of you! It is amazing when you find the right person and you have.

What is great is obviously the kids approve. Having the whole family involved and sharing in your joy is wonderful.

Thank you for sharing your happiness.

spacie

Karla said...

*hugs and smoochies to you* and congrats George You got yourself one hellofawoman there...but you didn't need me to tell you that You already knew! (emmm Lainie call me You need to give me your new phone number LOL)

Lainie said...

Thanks all. I am the happiest girl in the whole world!