Monday, May 11, 2009

Post Mother's Day Post

I had last Friday off work and hoped to finally post something worth reading but ditched my initial plans in the morning (lounging around the house drinking coffee and playing on the computer) since the weather was finally nice. I ended up getting up fairly early, got the laundry going and then took off to run errands. I made several stops, post office, gas station, library, Wal-mart and Town Hall to get my car registered. I was heading back home when I decided to turn right and go down to where George works and surprise him at his lunch break.

He sauntered out of the building and I heard the beep of his car door locks before I saw him. I parked right next to his car but he didn't notice me right away, probably because I drive the same kind of car he does. Yes even the color is the same, how weird is that? He spotted me and jumped a little, then a huge grin spread across his face. I know he had no clue I would be there so it was a nice surprise. We only has a half hour break so we drove over to McD's and he got a couple of cheeseburgers. I picked at his fries and got an iced mocha. (those damn things are delicious by the way) We chatted a bit, I showed him my loot from WalMart and then I took him back to work. It was a nice little break. He is the sweetest man I have ever met and I know he especially appreciates the little things in life, like a surprise visit in the middle of the day from his wife.
After that I went home, put my stuff away and watched the soaps. I never have a chance to do that since I am usually at work, but it was fun to catch up and see what's been going on in Pine Valley and Llanview. LOL

Saturday George and I, my Dad and Eric and Sara all met at my other house to do a final clean up. We borrowed Jon's truck and filled it with big items we haven't been able to move, like my mattress and box spring, my china hutch and a couple of tables. Sara is going to take the entertainment center and the couch and possibly the end tables. Eric and my dad cleaned out the attic and Eric took home boxes and boxes of baseball cards. I forgot just how many were up there. I found my rocking horse which made me very happy. There is a cool story about it and I will tell that in another entry with pics included. I also brought home my baby cradle that I had for both kids when they were born. I'm not giving that away.

The clean up took all day and no we aren't finished. Another Saturday, maybe two and we should be done. We cleaned up a little bit and Sara took me out for an early supper for Mother's Day. We went to Olive Garden, Soup, Salad and breadsticks...yummmmy! George tagged along and had steak...of course. We were all pretty tired and had long drives to our respective homes so we said goodbye in the parking lot and went home. We still had to drop off Jon's truck and pick up my car so we never got home until 7:00. What a long and exhausting day!

Yesterday was a quiet and relaxing day. George and I made breakfast and he took off to do the grocery shopping while I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen. After we got the groceries put away, I sat on my butt for an hour or so and read some of my book. I have about 70 pages left in the last book of the Twilight series which I should finish either tonight ot tomorrow. Eric called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and let me know he was on his way to the Boston Burins hockey game in Boston. I have no idea if they won but I am sure Eric and Jessie had a good time.
I took Hunter for a short walk in the afternoon. It was a little chilly and windy, so we didn't stay out too long. There wasn't anything on television so I worked on a jigsaw puzzle for awhile.
George cooked supper on the grill...we remarked at how fast the damn weekend went by, then it was time to clean up and get ready for another work week.

I hope all you Mom's had a wonderful Mother's Day. Have a great day today too!

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Happy Mother's Day Lainie!!

Sounds like you found some real mommy memories with the rocking horse and the baby cradle!

I bet George was grinning like crazy when the wife stopped in for a noon.. er.. err.. time trip to McDs..

Toriz said...

Sounds like a busy and exhausting - but fun - weekend.

Belated happy mothers' day. :)

LadyStyx said...

Busy weekend! Good that you took some time for you though.

Karla said...

You've got more energy than I have!!!

AliceKay said...

I read this blog post at Karla's house last week but never commented while there so will now.

You certainly are a busy person most of the time, and your life sounds so full and content. It makes me happy to read how well things are going for you. (you are very organized, too) *hugs*