Friday, November 20, 2009

Wet Weather in New England

Good Morning to everyone. I hope the weather is better in your next of the woods than it is here but it just figures. We've had a week of temps in the 60's and lots of sun but I have the day off today so of course it is going to rain. It is pouring on down right now but I hope it lets up at least for a little while because I am taking Hunter in for his pedicure at the Vet's office and you all know I am made of sugar so I don't want to melt. LOL
The girls at work have worked so darn hard this month that we got our product all finished and shipped for the entire month a full week ahead of schedule. That is over 800 units off to Iraq, Afghanistan, and other areas where the soldiers need it. So our manager has rewarded us and given us all of next week off. YIPPEEE!! We were going to have two paid days for Thanksgiving off anyway so we only have to use 3 vacation days and today is an Off Friday anyway so that gives me 10 days off. Whatever will I do with my time?? (I plan to catch up on everyone's blog, for one thing.) I have also put the Betty Crocker skill set into play and plan on experimenting on some new recipes too. I'll let you know how they come out.

Hunter is crashed out on the sofa so I guess I better get him loaded into the car and be on my way. I am sure there are some very qualified Vets in the area but I tried one and couldn't stand taking my animal there so I went back to Dr. Audrey's office. Problem with that is it is an hours drive from here. I know, I know, but he is my lil baby and I can't just have him cared for by any ole doctor. It's like a kid...you wouldn't take him to a pediatrician if the doctor gave you the willies, right?? LOL
OK gotta run but I shall return!
Have a great day!

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Hope you didn't melt!

I can understand taking the pooch to the best vet you can find - no matter how far away it is. I hope his pedicure came out nicely - maybe LadyStyx will lend him some of that awesome Adam Lambert Blue nail polish she has...

Enjoy your week off! I see Betty Crocker visiting "Meatless" George at lunch time somewhere in the near future...

Lainie said...

I didn't melt! Actually the rain let up by the time we got to the office and by the time we left, the sun was shining! Hunter's nails are lovely. Blue is definitely his color. His nails will match his collar. LOL
We stopped by and visited George this afternoon on the way home, just in time for lunch. But I think maybe you are right...I might be able to squeeze in a visit sometime next week. HUGS Iggy!

Karla said...

Yes you are made out of sugar...sweet and beautiful :-)

Long drive for a vet's visit but yes, I only trust one vet here for my dog...speaking of vets I really need to take him to get his nails trimmed.

Have a beautiful week!

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww hope lil hunters appt went well, and your so luckkkkkkyyyyyyy you get 10 days off man oh man I really need to get out of retail!! I hope you enjoy your time off hun because I know you sure deserve it...hugssssss

LadyStyx said...

That's right, you wouldnt. When we were in Texas, we drove at least that distance for the vet... why? because Katy hated everyone else!