Saturday, November 14, 2009

Still Alive

I am still here. Sorry about not posting lately. Just haven't had much time or much to post. It's been pretty quiet around here.

All is well here. The kids are all doing ok and so far no one has contracted the Swine flu, although it is all around us. George and I both still have jobs so that's good. I'm still waiting for the elusive venison, although George's friend Scott got one on our land out behing our house last Wednesday. I hope we at least can get a steak or some hamburger. :-)

I want to take a minute and mention that a very good friend of mine has lost his battle with cancer. I think some of you know him too from chat, Greg198. He's been fighting for a few years now but made his way to God last week. He will be greatly missed. Greg was a friend I met in chat well over 8 years ago and he was a funny, smart and sweet guy. He never wanted anyone to feel sorry for him so many never knew he was sick. I chatted with him last a couple of weeks ago and he was in good spirits and ready for the next chapter of his life. Please take a minute and thank God for every blessing. Greg, I will miss you. Rest in Peace, my friend.

Time for me to hit the sheets. Have a good night everyone.

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

NakedSoul came into chat Friday night while I was streaming and told us the news about Greg. The ones in there who knew him were saddened to hear he lost his battle with cancer. I'm sorry you lost your friend, too. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs*

I was stunned by the new of "one-head light" Greg's passing. I always enjoyed his happy-go-lucky attitude in chats. The world is a sadder, less nicer place without him. I really hate cancer and what it does to people - the only slim postitive, silver lining I can think of is - it brings out the raw indominable courage in some people that have a inner beauty - like greg's.

Deanna said...

I remember Greg, although I didn't chat with him much. That is so sad to hear. It is hard to lose such dear friends.

I'm glad to hear you are doing ok and surviving the slashes of work force all around us. It is truly scary.

Karla said...

Im very sorry to hear about Greg..he was a dear friend and a wonderful, sweet, crazy person!

Glad you are doing good...

Anonymous said...

Oh no Lainie, I did not know at all, and I guess that is what I get for not going into chat anymore, but this news has hit hard for me because he was always making me laugh and he never had a bad thing to say about anyone or anything. I will miss him and knows he is in a great place now. Hugs you tight Lainie!!

LadyStyx said...

oh no... *sigh* And heaven gets yet another chatter. He's going to be missed.