Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lazy Sunday

Just a quick post to say Hey. I am getting ready to put a roaster chicken in the oven. It's a dreary chilly day today and a nice warm home cooked meal will be very welcomed here. I worked a lot of overtime last week, including part of yesterday, so I am planning to spend today catching up on blogs, watching football and cooking.

We went out for supper last night with Jessie, Eric and Sara. It was Jessie's 21st birthday on Friday and Eric will be 27 on the 29th so we did a combo dinner. It was fun, a little weird, but I really like being with my kiddoes.
We went to a place called Newicks Seafood. They are located in Dover on the point where the Oyster River flows into the Atlantic Ocean. It's a nice family oriented place with wonderful seafood, nice and fresh from the ocean. We don't go there very often since it iw quite a ways from where we live but it is only a half hour drive from Eric and Jessie's. Sara had been visiting Eric and Jessie for the weekend so she came along too.
I don't know why Jessie does this but she seems to have some issue no matter where we go for dinner. Even when we have dinner there with her, something randomly spoils her dinner. You never know what or when but it almost always happens.
She was so excited to go there because she loves seafood, especially lobster, and no place would have fresher lobster! We ordered dinner and she changed her mind about lobster for whatever reason. I believe she ordered calamari and scallops for her entree with wild rice, and she and Eric split a bowl of clam chowder. She ate the chowder, claimed it was very very creamy and good, and then her entree arrived. I happened to be looking at the food on the tray but George said her eyes got real big when she saw the size of her plate (huge) and only after a couple of bites, she barely ate anymore. We all asked if her food was ok. She said it was fine, she didn't think her plate would be that big and she was suddenly not hungry anymore. She spent the rest of the meal like she usually does, picking at her food and looking like she wanted to go home. This happens just about every time. Jessie is very moody and I think she is bi-polar, especially seeing her moods flip with the snap of your fingers. I've talked to Eric about this but he says it's just how she is. He tells me not to worry...but I do.
Anyway, the rest of us finished our meals and most of us took home doggie bags cos they really do give you a lot of food. We ended up leaving without dessert. No point of celebrating with a piece of cake or something sweet since she wouldn't eat it anyway. George and I took our car so we just headed home. Eric, Jessie and Sara rode back to Eric's house where Sara's car was. I think she was planning to head back to Massachusetts.
Before we went for supper, I met Eric and Jessie's new puppy, Cooper. He is a Yellow Lab, 14 weeks old and very very cute. As soon as I get a pic, I will post it. He's all legs, a little awkward right now, still growing into his body but such a face! He's very sweet, a little shy, but friendly once he gets to know you. I think he's the perfect little addition to their household.

I guess I better get the chicken into the oven. I am making sweet potatoes and whole wheat rolls too. Will smell good in here real soon!

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

Nice to see a post from you and know how you're doing. Sounds like you've had some busy times at work. At least you have your job; I know you've been a little bit worried about keeping it.

Newicks Seafood sounds like it would be an nice place for a family dinner....sounds very scenic. I'll have to google it to see if I can find some pics. :) Sorry to hear Jessie has a few issues when it comes to things like that. We all have them, just some have more than others.

Chicken sounds good. Not sure what I'll have for supper tonight. The sun is finally shining here today and the foliage is really colorful in areas. Karen wanted me to go to the Ben Franklin store with her and Ryan so I did. I forgot my camera, tho, and a lot of the stores in Towanda are all painted up for Halloween. There's a contest every year for the kids from school to paint the windows with different Halloween pictures. There's a big parade in in Towanda on Halloween night and the winners of the paintings are awarded prizes.

I hope the rest of your weekend is a good one. Have a great week.

Deanna said...

Lazy Sundays are the best. I think I could smell those fresh rolls all the way to Missouri.

Hopefully all will be well with Jessie. Maybe she just has some growing up to do yet.

Karla said...

I'm lazy everyday...not by choice..by everything else!

Miss you..I should call...I will someday soon.

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum Yum your dinner sounds yummy girly, Im glad yall had some fun and sorry to hear about Jessie, I hope all is well. HUGS

Intense Guy said...

There is nothing better than a big bowl of New England Clam Chowder on a cool autumn day.

:)

Happy Birthday Jessie!