Friday, October 02, 2009

October News

Wow October already! Where has the time gone?

This is my favorite time of year. I think October has always been my favorite month. I love the crispness of the air, I love the apples in the orchards, pumpkins in the pumpkin patches, and the beautiful Fall colors on and off the trees. I also love bright yellow and maroon colored Mums paired together in the garden and on the porch. (And as soon as I put some there, I will take a pic.)

I've been extremely busy lately with just the normal every day things. But I've also managed to finally get my house on the market. It has a For Sale sign on the front lawn and everything! I am optimisticly hoping it will sell before the winter sets in but I know chances of that are fairly unlikely. Still...I could get lucky. It really took me a lot longer than I planned to clean it out and prepare it for the market. I lived in that house for almost 20 years and you just don't realize how much stuff you really have. But it is empty now except for the gun cabinet that once belonged to my ex husband. (He doesn't want it.) As soon as we have a Saturday that promises no rain, we will go up and get it. It is a nice cabinet and I don't want to ruin it. I know I can get a few bucks for it.

Work is still a crap shoot every day. I know how lucky I am to have a job so I am not complaining. I go into work with a smile on my face every day. It just makes a person feel stressed out, never knowing if today is the last day you will be punching in. George's son in law, Matt, got laid off from his job last night. The job market is just so bad right now. I hope he can find something soon. Nicole still has a job but she works for the same company that Matt did so they have every reason to be nervous. They have 2 little ones to worry about too.

Tomorrow afternoon, Sara is making the almost 2 hour drive to come visit. She will be staying overnight and Nikki and Nicole have plans to take her out Saturday evening for a couple drinks and to shoot some pool. I am glad my 'girls' all get along and enjoy each other's company. Nothing makes me happier than to hear them calling each other "Sis". You just never know how 'blending' families is going to go.

Sara has an ulterior motive for coming to visit. Sunday is Hunter's 10th birthday and she wanted to be sure to be here to help the pooch celebrate. LOL She is too much. I hear she has bought him a gift and everything.

George is doing well. He has been out hunting almost every evening and has not provided his wife with any venison yet. I'm not sad. I like venison but I secretly cheer for the deer. I saw a beautiful Momma deer yesterday morning on my way to work, just standing by the road at the edge of the field with her little one. I stopped and watched them for a couple minutes until they ran off. It was way too dark for a picture (4am) but it made me smile all day and I have the visual in my head.

Eric is well. He and Jessie will be celebrating birthdays this month. Jessie's on the 16th and Eric's birthday is on the 29th. Still thinking about what to do for them. I already got Jessie a gift but I can never think of anything cool to get Eric. Jessie got him tickets to a Boston Bruins game and they are taking the train from Dover, NH to Boston. The cool part is she has arranged for several of Eric's friends to board the train at various stops and they will be joining them at the game. At the last stop, Sara will be waiting. He will be very surprised. I think it's a cool idea!

Next week I am going to the doctors for my yearly physical. Hopefully I will get my flu shot too. I do NOT want to get sick. I have a list of things to discuss with my doctor so it will be a long visit but my asthma ailments are pretty much history. Yay ME!!! That will make him happy too.

OK time to go for now. Have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YaY, your alive..hehe...Howdy girlie and I sooo love this time of year also, I love the leaves crunching under my feet and to see them falling from the trees..I dont like the raking part though lol. Good luck with selling your house, I hope that goes well for you.

LadyStyx said...

The only thing I don't like about the time of year is the colds I get with the first weather change. *ugh*. I do adore the beautiful autumn folliage though. We've goe some leaves down already and some trees with the bright reds in them. I just wish the whole tree would change out into the fall finery instead of a small section at a time.

Karla said...

I've always wanted to drive the east coast the time of year. Although Arkansas has some beautiful foliage in the fall..I've seen pics of your area and it is breathtaking!

Glad everyone is doing good. And yes blended families are "what if the kids don't get along" thing. I am blessed that Pat's daughter from his second marriage loves me and my boys like she does. James has been with her and her family since yesterday afternoon, helping her mom move to another house.

Intense Guy said...

I hope you had a great weekend and that George provided some meat.

It sounds like everyone is "meshing" together nicely. With all the love at the top flowing downwards - it shouldn't be a huge surprise, but it is so very nice.

*Hugs* Hope you get a good pumpkin for your place and that the old place sells to someone that treats it as well as you did.

AliceKay said...

October is my favorite month, too. :)

New Hampshire is beautiful in the autumn with all of the colorful foliage. Terri and I enjoyed both of our trips up that way.

Have a great week and stay well. (getting sick sucks)