Saturday, January 20, 2007

BBBRRRRRRRR

Good Lord it is cold out there. I've got a reading of 9 degrees F but the wind is so strong, I am betting with wind chill it feels like -10.
The kids all just left after spending the evening here. I made chicken broccoli alfredo over pasta with garlic bread for dinner, and had a couple of movies to choose from to watch. But we got a card game going and we all just played until it was time to call it a night. Of course, calling it a night only pertained to the old folks, since the night was just beginning for the kids, who were all going to a friend's house for a party. I love having the kids around, but frankly, I welcome the time when they go their merry way too. I think I've had my house to myself way too long now, because sometimes the noise gets on my nerves. They tend to forget they are around a parental figure sometimes, which is a good thing I guess, but I am not a huge fan of the language and name calling (all in fun of course) they use around each other. I had to remind them a couple of times...hey mom in the room. All in all, though, I do like the fact that they still enjoy coming over to hang out with ole mom once in awhile.
Cal is about to fire up one of those movies so I am going to join him and take advantage of the body heat.
Stay warm.

Lainie

5 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

mmm, body heat...what's that?

Kerry said...

body heat ain't always what it's cracked up to be... I got one who makes it too damn hot under the covers and ya freeze yer ass off on top of the covers. Sleeping alone can have it's advantages!

Lainie said...

LOL Kerry don't I know it. That's the beauty of NOT living together, which is just the way I like it at the moment.

Kerry said...

Got a King size bed now so it's not so bad...it's almost like we each have our own bed!! Almost have to call him on the phone to talk to him wayyyyyyyyy over there!

Toriz said...

I love my hot water bottle.... I mean hubby. LOL!

We have a couple of blankets on our bed and he ALWAYS wraps himself up in one of them. Then I can cuddle against him without getting too hot, but I still have a blanket to cuddle up in myself.

See, I got it sussed! LOL!