Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's HumpDay!

Having a Monday off from work, really makes the work week go by nice and fast. It's almost Thursday, which means it is almost Friday...etc, etc. I have to work this Saturday but only until noon so it won't be so bad. And since I pretty much goofed off all last weekend, I guess it wouldn't hurt me to put in a few extra hours. We have plenty of work, so my days have been flying by as well.
For those of you who don't know, I work for a government contractor who manufactures weapon sighting systems, infra red laser systems, night vision goggles, just about anything optical, for the military. I work out on the manufacturing floor doing a little bit of everything from assembly work to paperwork. Whenever we have completed an order that needs to be shipped, it is my job to do a final test of a certain amount of units randomly chosen by the government inspector. Everyone in my department is scared shitless of this man because basicly, he can shut down the entire operation if he sees something he doesn't think is up to par. Since I am the last person to test the units before they are prepared for shipping, I am 100% confident that they will pass his inspection. I am also not intimidated by this guy like everyone else is. It is my thinking that if I show fear, he will chew me up and spit me out every chance he gets. He tries to rattle me, but seems to be impressed that he doesn't. Today we had another successful 'sell off' shipping 400 units to the Army. I seriously doubt that today's events will prompt my boss, Dave, to give us a pat on the back, so I made sure I did it myself. LOL (Of course, Dave was not at work today. It was rather nice out for February 21st and I suspect he was busy taking advantage of a mid week ski package somewhere up North. Who needs him anyway?)
My mom had cataract surgery this morning on her right eye. Everything went very well. In fact, the surgery only took about 15 minutes and she was back at home within an hour of the time she left. She had her left eye done a few years ago and said the improvement in her vision was amazing. Just the thought of anyone poking or doing anything to my eyes makes my eyes water. I used to wear contact lenses and that wasn't ever a problem, probably because I was putting the lenses in myself.
I started watching cataract surgery on a medical show one time and couldn't bear to watch. I guess it's best not to think about it. I am sure eventually I will be in the same boat.
Time for my shower, then American Idol. Enjoy your evening.
Hugsss

2 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Oh the women kicked ass tonight!!! Go check my blog to see who I liked.

Kerry said...

I stand firm on my decision LOL......... Gina and maybe Haley or Leslie :)