Monday, February 19, 2007

Prez Day

Happy Monday! Today was an especially good Monday because I had the day off. Any day off with pay is a good day as far as I am concerned. It sure was nice to sleep in this morning. I had a lot of errands to take care of today, one being having some blood drawn at the Lab. My doctor was not pleased with my thyroid levels when I had blood drawn a few months back so he's been rechecking every 4-6 weeks to see if anything changes. It seems to me that I went through this 4 years ago but that was also around the time I ended up having gall bladder surgery and I think we all kind of forgot about the thyroid. I have to go back to see the doctor on March 1st for another blood pressure check, (he changed my meds last visit), and I am sure he will address this as well.
Saturday night Cal and I were supposed to go out for dinner but ended up having dinner here with Sara, Eric and Jessie. I know that there is going to come a time when I am going to have to beg them to come visit me (like when I am in the HOME) so we changed our plans and made it a family evening. It turned out to be a good time. We played cards after dinner until Eric and Jessie left, then Sara watched a movie with us. Well, let me rephrase that, we put The Departed in the DVD player and we all fell asleep for about 2 hours. I guess we'll have to try that one again.

It was a nice day yesterday and we wanted to get out of the house so we took a drive up to see Rose yesterday. She and her husband live about an hour North of here so it was a nice drive and a fun visit. Rose was very pleased to be able to whip off her hat and show me the peachfuzz growing on her lil bald head. If you close your eyes and rub her head, it feels like a tennis ball. LOL She looks really good and feels even better. On our way home, Cal and I stopped at a quiet little restaurant in Epsom and had an early dinner. I think they were happy to have some customers because we were treated like royalty. There was only one other couple seated at a table and a couple of single people sitting at the bar, but the place started filling up about half an hour after we got there. Every time I touched my water glass, it was refilled, and we were attended to by just about every person on the wait staff. The food was excellent, and I thought the prices were good, especially the daily specials. I had baked stuffed haddock with a salad and Cal had a steak, baked potato and cream of broccoli soup. The dessert menu looked awesome but I was too full from dinner to bother. Cal on the other hand...well when I asked him how his Whoopie Pie was he just smiled and nodded. I think that means it was good. It looked marvelous! LOL

It's back to work tomorrow. Ugh. Why do the weekends have to go by so fast? The only good thing is I know I will be very busy all day so hopefully the time will pass quickly.

I've got to go unload the dryer and make up my bed, then jump in the shower. Have a good week everyone, stay warm.

Lainie

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I'm glad to hear your friend, Rose, is doing so well. Hope your week goes by quickly, too. *hugs*

Kerry said...

A DAY OFF in February??????? I SOOOOOOOOOO WANT a holiday in Feb!!

Good to hear Rose is doing so well!

ChicagoLady said...

MMMMM, that baked stuffed Haddock sounds scrumptious!

The Departed is an excellent movie, you have to watch it, and don't fall asleep!

I'm glad your friend Rose is doing so well!

Kerry said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh LOOK she changed her blog look!!

Nice Lainie very nice!