Friday, January 08, 2010

Update

Hey all. Just wanted to give a quick update on this blasted cold. I am doing much better today. I had an appointment scheduled with my PCP and he said my lungs sounded better...not 100% but better and he put me on antibiotics for another 3 days to make sure everything clears up. He said I did not have pneumonia, just a bad case of bronchitis. I haven't had a fever for 3 days now and that's great! He also gave me the H1N1 vaccine and the pneumonia vaccine. I have to go back for a chest X-ray in a month but I know that will be just fine. I feel much better, still coughing a bit and I have a little wheezing but nothing like a few days ago. So things are looking up!
Everything else is good here. It is snowing a little out now and it was a little treacherous driving home but not too bad. I plan on staying in tonight anyway and just catch up on some housework and laundry.
I hope all is well with everyone...have a wonderful weekend.

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and that you didn't have pneumonia after all.

Good idea to say inside where it's safe and warm. We've been having snow, too. I'm ready for spring...how about you?

Have a great weekend, Lainie. *hugs*

Karla said...

I'm happy you feel better hon..You gotta get well with the cruise coming up soon :-) If you two are still gonna take that "second honeymoon" hehe

Lainie said...

Oh we are Karla...definitely looking forward to some tropical weather.

Thanks AK...I, too am ready for spring. Unfortunately we have a long way to go before that happens.

The sun is shining bright today but it is really chilly out there. I just got back from grocery shopping and am in for the rest of the weekend.

ChicagoLady said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Winter is bad enough, but getting sick on top of it just makes it miserable.

Total we have a good 8-10 inches outside, which isn't a lot to New Hampshirites, but it's more than enough for me! I can't wait for it to warm up a bit so I can wash my car, it's so filthy! Yuck!

How's your car??????

Anonymous said...

Im glad you are feeling better girlie, I still have a cough from last weeks flu/cold but it is finally clearing out...hugssssssss

Deanna said...

Bronchitis is nasty stuff. I'm glad you are feeling better. A cruise, huh.... Where are you going this time?

Stay warm!

Intense Guy said...

Yay!!! You are feeling bettah!!