Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'm A Little Bit Country...

One of the highlights of my summer was attending a Keith Urban concert. I know, anyone who knows me knows I love music but the country genre was not something I ever bothered with. But 2 years ago after I bought a car that had XM radio installed in it, I started listening to a lot of different kinds of music. I landed on a certain station that plays modern country music which, to me, is what I normally listen to with a slight twang. I found myself really enjoying what I was hearing and within a month I was singing along with just about every song.

When I saw that Keith Urban was performing in my area, I made sure I purchsed tickets. It was a long 4 month wait for the day to arrive but it was well worth the wait. If you are ever in a position to see him live...GO! 90 minutes of non stop singing, dancing and that man has some incredible guitar skills! I was not disappointed. The crowd was on their feet the entire time. We were able to get some good pictures because Keith was all over the pavillion. It was a great night that I did not want to see end! It won't be the last country concert I will attend, for sure!





4 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

I love when people who were never country music lovers get converted! Glad you enjoyed the concert this summer, I bet it would a blast.

Lainie said...

We went to see Peter Frampton last summer during his Frampton Comes Alive 35th anniversary tour and that was pretty awesome too. Different genres but a toss up as to who I enjoyed better.

AliceKay said...

You have some great pics here. I'm glad you had such a great time at the concert. I remembered when you asked me about some country songs not too long ago. I like the new country. It's the older, "twangier" stuff I don't care much for.

Trace Adkins is coming to our local fair this summer! I can hardly wait for the tickets to go on sale! :)

Intense Guy said...

The oldies are goodies.

:)