Saturday, March 31, 2007

I should be doing housework...

...but I'm not. LOL Good Morning and Happy Saturday to you. It's been a stressful week but that's all behind me now, so I look forward to a peaceful and relaxing weekend.
The week started out just fine. Work was good, we continue to make progress in dragging our asses out of the big hole and had another successful "sell-off" with the government dude. Wednesday morning I dropped my car off at the service station to get the thermostat replaced and pretty much waited all day for them to let me know when my car would be ready. By 3PM I still had not heard anything so I called. I was informed by Roger, the service manager, that he had tried calling me twice around 9:30 and the receptionist would not put my call through, nor would she take a message. While they were working on my car, they noticed the timing belt needed to be replaced and a few other things that were not under warranty as well. Since they won't proceed until they have authorization from me, my car sat in the bay all day waiting. I gave them permission to make the necessary repairs and then went straight to my manager to find out why my calls had not been put through. I can count on one hand how many personal phone calls I have received in the 4+ years I have worked there. It appears that Ms Receptionist is tired of doing her job. Answering the phone and rerouting calls must not be in her job description. We are not allowed to have our cell phones on the production floor, so from now on I guess I will have give everyone my managers extension so he can disrupt his busy day and find me.
Anyway...I called my dad and asked him to pick me up at work and he dropped me off at the service station. My car ended up not being ready until 7PM and I never got home until almost 8. Poor Roger kept apologizing, but it is clearly not his fault. I'm just happy they were able to get the job done so I didn't have to go without a car for another day.

Yesterday, I went for the dreaded Pulmonary test at the hospital. It wasn't as bad as I thought, mostly a series of breathing tests done on a machine that measures lung function and how the oxygen is filtered through the bloodstream, etc. I was stressing about this all week because I had no idea what was involved and was only told the test would take between 90 minutes to 2 hours. The only reason it takes so long is they give you a break after every series of tests. Also, after running all the tests, they gave me a treatment of albuterol on the nebulizer, then had to wait 30 minutes before repeating a few of the original tests. It went by fairly quickly and I will know the results when I see my doctor again in a couple of weeks.

After I left the hospital, I went to visit my parents for a bit and then ran a few errands. I picked Cal up at work and we went to Applebees for a salad. (Santa Fe chicken salad...yum yum) We talked about going to a movie but since he was yawning all during dinner, I really didn't want to have to elbow him during the movie while he I dropped him off at home so he could go to bed. It was an early night for me but I was pretty tired myself. My bed felt great, let me tell you! I slept like a baby, didn't get up until 8:30 this morning.

I still have to go to the post office and get groceries today. Sara will be home sometime this afternoon so I should get my errands done before she shows up. It looks to be a really nice day outside. Hopefully it will warm up a bit. It's only reading 45F right now. But the sun is out so that makes everything good. There is no snow left in my back yard and only a little left in the front where the plow piled it up on the side of the driveway. I can't wait for the trees to start budding. It looks so barren out there.

I hope you are enjoying a nice weekend. Can you believe Easter is only a week away?
Catch you all later.



AliceKay said...

I'm glad the tests weren't as bad as you thought..hope no problems show up in the results. Also glad you have your car all fixed up before you had a problem along the road.

I'm finally home from work so now it's time to find some lunch and get some houswork done before heading off to church. (Saturday afternoon Mass for Palm Sunday)

I hope you have a great weekend. Mostly cloudy with a few breaks in the clouds and 52F here at the moment.

Lainie said...

Thanks AK. The weekend so far has been decent. Hope you are having a good weekend as well.

Kerry said...

Good Luck with your tests!!

Yes the weekend was pretty decent, and no I can't believe Easter is already next weekend. I'm sure it was later last year... oh wait maybe it was in March last year LOL

Damn the year is flying by!