Friday, March 16, 2007

Snowed In For The Weekend

Mother Nature must be really pissed. Just 2 days ago we were enjoying 70 degree weather and today it's 20 and we are in the midst of another Nor'Easter. Oh happy day!
It started snowing around 2PM and I would guess there's about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground already. I left work at 3 and driving was HORRIBLE! The roads were slick but what is worse is people who drive just way too fast in this type of weather, trying to get home as fast as possible. They only slow everyone down when they slide off the road or crash into someone else and that just makes it impossible for everyone. I made the 22 mile commute home unscathed but it took me 45 minutes and I saw 4 vehicles off the road and a couple of accidents involving 2 or more vehicles. The latest weather reports are calling for 8-12 inches of snow before it turns to rain sometime tomorrow, ending by mid day. Needless to say, I am staying put for the night. I stopped at the grocery store and picked up the necessities, (milk, bread and Diet Coke), and the fixin's for my St. Patrick's Day dinner. I'll cook the corned beef and cabbage tomorrow since I won't be going anywhere.

Cyndie and I have decided to go to the movies another time. We were going to go see Wild Hogs this evening but neither one of us wants to be on the roads tonight. We'll try again next Friday.

My week has been a long one. I'm not sure if it is the time change or the hours at work catching up with me but I have been really tired all week. I never have been bothered by the time changes before but I really had a difficult time getting my butt out of bed every morning this week. I am soooo looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning and if I have it my way, I am not getting up til 9 or 10AM.

I was coming out of the Post Office on Wednesday and noticed what I thought was dirt on my car, just to the left of the center on the hood right above the front grill. I realized as I got closer that it wasn't dirt, but a lovely dent. My license plate took a bit of a hit too as it was scratched and the plastic frame around it was cracked. All I can assume is someone backed into my car while it was parked and then drove off. This could have happened anywhere, work, the grocery store, the bank, Applebees...I really don't know because I am not sure when it even happened. I am not in the habit of walking around my entire car and inspecting it everytime I park it somewhere. All I can say is some people suck. I realize my car is 5 years old but this is the first brand spanking new car I have ever bought in my whole life, and I work hard to keep it clean and nice looking. I have a $500 deductible and I don't think it will cost a lot more than that to fix the damage although I haven't had an estimate done yet. Either way, the repairs are going to come out of my pocket and that really rattles my chain.

The wind is howling outside now but it sure does look pretty with the snow all over the pine trees. I'm just glad I am inside and not out there. I wasn't hungry when I got home but I am now so I am going to make something for dinner.
See Ya!

Lainie

3 comments:

AliceKay said...

We got around 7 inches of snow...I measured it in a few places when I was out cleaning off my car this morning. It's a compact, granular snow this time around. Not fluffy at all.

Sorry to hear about your car. Some people have no respect for other people's property. I hope it doesn't cost too much to fix it up. I've only owned one new car in my life...my 1974 Mustang I bought soon after I started working at the bank after graduation. (I had an empty train car get pushed into my car and crumple my hood one day, but that's another story for another day...lol)

Kerry said...

We only got about an inch and a half.. and it's almost all melted away already. Scotty helped trample it down good in the backyard too LOL

Yes our new car has about 100 tiny little scratches you only see in certain sunlights on angles. I'm assuming it's the brats next door playing basketball in the ajoining driveway. But Michael isn't concerned. Guess cause it's on the passenger side and he doesn't notice it as often as I do. Pisses me off tho!

ChicagoLady said...

I heard some places in VT got at least a foot of snow. Missed me completely, lol

Just a couple days ago I Noticed a couple scratches on the drivers side door of my car, just above the door handle. I know I didn't do it, but I have no idea who could have or when. I'll have to look into getting those taken care of so they don't rust.