Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sun's Out!

Just a quick update. It stopped raining this morning around 9am. The sun came out shortly after 10 and it's been a very bright and cheerful day. A little breezy but temps were in the mid 50's when I left work so I'm not complaining. And a sure sign of spring...I could hear the peepers (aka treefrogs) loud and clear in the pond beside the house. The weatherman is calling for mid 60's tomorrow and 70+ on Saturday. Yahooooo!

Many roads in town are still closed but not because they are flooded. In a lot of situations, there are huge sections of asphalt missing from the roads. I can pretty much get anywhere I need to go in town but I can't take the conventional way to get there. Just a minor inconvenience.

The phone lines are still down so we're being told to expect to pay for any purchases with cash or a check because the debit/credit card machines are offline. This is not a problem for me. I normally pay for everything with cash or a check anyway.

Gotta go cook dinner. Have a wonderful evening.

Me

3 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Supposed to be 67F here tomorrow (Friday) and mid 70's over the weekend. Spring has sprung!!!!!!

AliceKay said...

Glad things are looking brighter and warmer up your way. Supposed to be near 80 here on Monday. Can't wait to see if that's true.

Peepers living right next door to me would drive me nuts. (but that isn't too hard to do these days) :\

Toriz said...

Glad to hear you're getting some of this wonderful sun too now!