Thursday, June 21, 2007

My weekend starts now

It is officially the start of my weekend. I was planning to work a few hours tomorrow morning but was told just before I left this afternoon to stay home because Dave didn't want anyone in tomorrow. We have our June shipment just about ready for the government inspection. All I have to do is stamp the date codes on about 100 units and we're ready. I can do that Monday morning and be done before the rest of my department even comes into work. I told Dave we can have the government guy in Monday after 9am.

I have a couple of errands to run tomorrow and I want to get all of my housework done. Saturday morning I am heading up to Maine to visit the Mainiacs. It's been a long time coming. It seems like every time we tried to make plans something would come up on either end. This weekend we hit it just right. It is a 4 hour drive for me but I plan on being there by noon. The camera is in the charger...no worries!

I'm feeling a bit lazy this evening. I have some leftover spaghetti in the fridge so I think I'll just toss that in the microwave and then supper is done. I won't bother picking up groceries until Sunday since I won't be home most of the weekend. Sara will pop in to take care of the pooch. I've got my laundry going now so once that's finished I can do NOTHING!

There's not much else happening. It was a gorgeous day all day but it's since clouded up a bit and looks like rain.

I'm off to watch the news. Have a wonderful evening.

Lainie

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

Hope you have a safe trip to Maine. Tell the Mainiacs I said hello. :)

We've had several thunderstorms roll thru this afternoon and actually received a little rain out of them. Sunny and warm here at the moment with a nice breeze coming thru the windows.

Kerry said...

long weekend?? howcome everyone is getting long weekends cept me!

and that poor little pooch doesn't even get to go for the ride?

AliceKay said...

I'm not getting a long weekend. Gotta work Saturday morning like always. :(

ChicagoLady said...

Have fun visiting the maniacs. Tell them I said hi! Can't wait for pics.

Lainie said...

I am back to having every other Friday off which is great now the nice weather is here.

I actually didn't think of taking the dog with me but he gets to go on plenty of rides. If I ask him if he wants to go for a ride he knows right where is leash is and he gets it for me. Maybe I'll take him along on my next trip.