Friday, June 08, 2007

TGIF

Good Morning! I hope you all have a wonderful start to the weekend. I definitely welcomed the extra sleep this morning. I've been doing a few boring jobs at work the last few days and it really makes me tired. One of my co workers is out of work indefinitely on medical leave so I've been picking up the slack a bit in her area. It's a job I did when I first started working there...entry position kind of work, and I had forgotten how boring a job it is. Also frustrating because I spent the week training someone to help out only to find out the trainee is leaving next week for a month's vacation to Bosnia. Communication people!! LOL

Sara came home last night and I could tell right away she was in a bad mood. I made a few light hearted comments to her and she pretty much grunted and blew me off so I gave up and went back to watching Jay Leno. She got ready for bed and then hollered out to me that she was freezing and the house was like a meat locker. LOL Slight exaggeration but she is always cold and I was comfortable. It was chilly outside but I had all the windows closed except for my bedroom windows. I got up and closed the windows and then turned turned the furnace on. She hollered out a thank you and all was quiet again. I could see the dollar bills flying out of the chimney but I really didn't want to hear her bitching all night.
This morning, she got up for work and her mood had not changed. Trouble in paradise, perhaps? She was trying to be quiet since I was still in bed but you know how that goes. You're going to drop the butter knife in the sink or knock over something as you tiptoe by. Plus...she may only weigh 125 lbs, but she walks like a 2 ton elephant. After she started to blow dry her hair...I had had enough and got up. She was making her lunch in the kitchen and I asked her if she was in a bad mood or something. She said rather sarcasticly, how could you tell? I asked her what was wrong and she didn't want to talk about it. She gave me a hug and a kiss and said she was supposed to be going to a graduation party tonight but wasn't sure of her plans now. I am guessing whatever happens today between her and Brad will dictate whether she goes to the party or not. She just better be here for her own party tomorrow.

Back to the dentist today to get that filling replaced. Then I am going to pick up my brother and finish up the details for the graduation party. My father has been hard at work making ice for the last couple of days. LOL He called me last night to tell me not to buy any because he's been using the ice machine at the lawyers office where he works and he's got several bags ready. He also brought a big ice chest to my brother Dave's house yesterday for all of the beer and soda. He thinks of everything. :-)
Dave said the pool is ready. The water is cold but it's clean and ready for swimming. The weather report is not going to be the best for swimming anyway...possible showers in the morning and maybe some sun in the afternoon. Oh well...that's just how my luck goes. Today would have been the perfect day for a pool party.

I better get moving here. I'm still not dressed and I have some laundry to finish.

2 comments:

AliceKay said...

Yep, I know all about kids' moods.(they're kinda like parents' moods) I hope everything goes well with the party, tho.

It's 86F here with some humidity, and the forecast is for thunderstorms this afternoon and evening. Not sure if I'll get my stream in..will have to wait and see.

Hope your day is going well.

ChicagoLady said...

Hope the party went well! And that she was in a better mood for it, lol