Friday, July 20, 2007

Workin on an "Off" Friday

Should have been a day off but it wasn't. We kind of got behind when everyone took the week of the 4th off so now it is catch up time. We have a shipment next Thursday and we are no where near ready so most of the department worked all day today and a few of us are going in for half a day tomorrow. I really didn't mind once I got to work this morning. Getting up was the hardest part. I work with a good group of girls and they all contribute where needed. Now that the 'deadweight' (Judy) quit, we're working like a well oiled machine. LOL Anyway, I am gonna love the money in my paycheck next week.

I've had a rather busy week, and I have been really tired so most evenings this past week I was showered and sleeping pretty early. I think I can stay up tonight past 10...but it is only 4 PM right now so I am not making any promises.

I had to take the puppy to the Vet's office yesterday. He had been scratching and rubbing the sides of his mouth for the last couple of days and when I got home on Wednesday, it looked really bad. It was really inflamed and a lot of the fur in that area was missing. The Vet said it is a skin infection and looked worse than it is. So she put him on an antibiotic and gave me a bottle of medicated face wash to use on his lil mouth. I have to wash the area once a day and leave the cleanser on for about 5 minutes before washing it off. Do you know how hard it is to keep an animal still for 5 minutes, especially when there is something foreign on their face? It seems like forever for him I am sure...but we're soldiering on. Actually with just one cleansing and one dose of the medication, it already looks better. She also told me that dogs can get acne. That was something I didn't know. Anyway, my lil man will be all handsome again real soon. And I know a 7 year old dog is not a puppy anymore but he will always be a puppy to me ;-)

Eric's girlfriend stopped over the other night for a quick visit but ended up staying a couple hours and we watched the movie Alexander. It was pretty good. I enjoy Jessie's company. She's a little calmer when we're one on one and we had a nice conversation. Sometimes when everyone is here, she has a tendency to be a bit brash and loud, like she is in need of attention. I keep reminding myself she is just 18. Maybe she feels like she has to be loud to be heard.
Both Eric and Sara think it is weird that Jessie would come all the way over here to see me by herself. Sara said she would never go to Brad's parents house by herself unless she had a specific reason to. I think it's pretty cool that Jessie feels comfortable enough around me to stop over. They also think it's weird that Jessie sometimes calls me just to say Hi. I think they should both take a lesson from her.

Time to medicate the pooch then I am going to make some dinner. I stopped at the market on the way home and picked up a small piece of salmon to grill. I wish I had thought of something to accompany it. LOL I must have something in the pantry.

Have a safe weekend!

L

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'm glad your "puppy's" face is looking better. We call our children "our kids" all their lives (i think anyway) so you're entitled to call him your puppy for his. :)

Jessie sounds like a nice girl. Eric should be glad she feels that comfortable around you. It's a real plus.

Enjoy your weekend (once you get home from work tomorrow).

Kerry said...

I'm glad your baby's face is getting better. they are so pitiful when requiring medication. Mack has to have eye cleaner for his one tear duct that is clogged and he hates it!

Jessie sounds a lot like me.. one on one I'm pretty cool... add to many people and I'm loud and easy excitable LMAO

ChicagoLady said...

A little extra money in your pocket is always nice, lol.

Glad your puppy is doing better!

Toriz said...

I'm glad your dog is doing better.