Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Day of 2007

Good Morning! I woke up this morning to the lovely sound of the snowplow shoving snow into my driveway. Will it ever end??? We've already beaten the record of the most snow in December (somewhere around 35 inches, I lost count) and Christmas is over. So, I think we can all start thinking SPRING, right? And if the 5 inches of snow that fell last night isn't enough, we are getting another 6 inches tomorrow night. What a wonderful start to the new year that will be.

It is still snowing lightly out there and the weather dude said it will be stopping shortly so I will get my boots on in a bit and get out there to clean the snow off of my car. Then I will be ready to move it at a moments notice so Billy can plow my driveway. It's already above freezing so maybe the sun will come out and melt some of this. This is the view outside my picture window right beside me this morning.



I also took a couple of shots while standing on my front porch. I will readily admit, it sure is pretty. One is of my front yard and another is looking across the road to my neighbors house. You can just barely see the antenna from my car in the first shot.





I don't have any big New Year's Eve plans for tonight. I really don't like to be out on the roads especially when people have been out drinking and I can't remember the last time I actually went out to a club or to a dress up New Year's Eve party, but it had to be quite awhile ago when my kids were young. I may just stay home and watch a movie tonight. I remember one year I wallpapered my bathroom. LOL How's that for an exciting evening? I can assure you, I won't be doing that tonight.
Tomorrow I will be going to my parents house for dinner. My parents always get a huge spread of Chinese food and have the whole family over. I know my kids won't be there because they will probably be hungover, but that just means more crab rangoon for me. :-)

I may as well lace up my boots and get outside. It's getting pretty bright out there. Maybe the sun will poke through the clouds well before noon.

I want to wish everyone a very Happy and Prosperous 2008.

6 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Ohhhh how pretty! I see you have plenty of "product" to ship to Va for me as we'll be leaving Texas either ther 7th or 8th (possibly as late as the 9th) and I sincerely doubt it'll arrive here for me to have a chance to enjoy it before I leave.

AliceKay said...

It started snowing here around 5:00 last night. It was a bit icy, too. We woke up with about 3 inches on the ground this morning. Our trees looked the same as yours...weighted down with heavy, wet snow. The sun is out and melting it now, so it's not too bad out there. They're calling for 2 to 4 inches more for our area tomorrow.

We don't go out to any New Year's Eve parties. We usually stay home or go to Karen's to play cards or something. They came up here last night and we played Texas Hold Em. (like i know how to play this game). I won 2 hands the whole time we played. LOL

Best wishes for a Happy New Year, Lainie. *hugs*

(hmm...that sneaky ladystyx person snuck in a comment while i was typing this one...LOL)

LadyStyx said...

LOL @ Alice :)

Kerry said...

WOW your scenery is so close to mine! Pretty but I don't want to be out in that mess.... and the dogs well too much fun for them LOL

Happy New Year Lainie!

Deanna said...

Happy New Year, Lainie. Chinese sounds good! I might have to get takeout for supper tonight... The pictures were beautiful but so C O L D looking... Sprin, oh Sprin, where are you?

ChicagoLady said...

LOVE the pictures, glad you have it and not me!!! LOL

Happy New Year!